Hopefully you’ve already registered. If not, follow this link to the registration form.
- Be sure you have read the course map. The map includes important safety information. You can download it here.
- Be sure to complete the entire course! Proceed all the way to the north end around the safety vessel near the fish market.
- The blessing will be given from the top deck of the Monticello houseboat on the T-Head of D-Dock at Gangplank Marina. A map of the Gangplank can be found here. An EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon) with flashing light will be placed on the Monticello to assist participants in locating the blessing.
- The blessing will be given over Channel 67.
- In case of non-emergency vessel malfunction that may interrupt traffic contact parade control on channel 67. A tender will be on site to assist you. E-dock at the Gangplank Marina is available for distressed vessels. A map of the Gangplank can be found here.
- The parade may be cancelled if sustained winds exceed 10 knots. Fleet captains will be notified by 11:00 am of a cancellation.
- Be Alert! Neighboring clubs and charter services have been notified, however cross traffic, vessels at anchorage, and non-participating vessels may present a navigational hazard.
- There will be unavoidable interruptions to the procession due to traffic in the channel. Keep a safe distance and be alert!
Roster and Times
- The final roster of vessels can be found here.
- IMPORTANT: Each vessel has been assigned an identification letter and number that can be found on the roster. This will aid greatly in helping the clergy identify your vessel. You can download the identifiers here or simply hand-write it on a sheet of paper in large legible characters. We advise that you post it on both sides of your vessel. This will make it easier for your fleet captain to identify you from either direction.
Organization Time No. of Vessels
Fire Boat & Police 12:00 3
WYC (Est. 1910) 12:10 11
ODBC (Est. 1880) 12:25 12
CYC (Est. 1892) 12:40 7
Seafarers (Est. 1945) 12:50 5
DYC (Est. 1950) 12:50 2
NPYC (Est. 1963) 12:55 0
FWBA (Est. 1996) 13:05 5
POWYC (Est. 2002) 13:15 1
Susquehannock USPS 13:20 1
Other (GPM, JCM, WM) 13:25 3
Clubs have been ordered by established year. (Except WYC has been assigned first since their flag raising is the same day.)
- There will be free slips (excluding electricity) available at the Gangplank Marina for the night through 4 pm the next day. Contact Gangplank Dockmaster Jeremy Heckler at 202-554-5000. Transient slips are limited, register today!
- The Coast Guard Auxiliary will be providing FREE safety inspections at Gangplank Marina after the event. This is the perfect opportunity to ensure your vessel is ship shape for a wonderful summer cruising season.
- In observance of Safe Boating Week (May 18th – 24th) DC Fire and EMS will be performing demonstrations of safe use of fire extinguishers at Gangplank Marina. Contact Patricia Everett at 202-727-3296 for more information.
- POWYC will hold a potluck reception following the event on the Gangplank event barge. Plan to attend!
Rear Commodore for Cruising Events
Port of Washington Yacht Club